New members will enhance the Board’s vision to expand the Student Service Program by growing the Student Service Club™ school-based model, while also moving into Pasco County.
TAMPA, FL – As the calendar flipped to 2024, the Ryan Nece Foundation was excited to welcome six new Board members who will each help support the foundation’s work to empower the next generation of servant leaders by creating opportunities for teens to embrace the power of giving.
“We’re excited to expand our Board with six new members who will bring diverse expertise and insight to our work, especially as we work towards ensuring more students in the Greater Tampa Bay Area have access to our programming,” said Ryan Nece Foundation Chief Executive Officer Melissa Neeley.
The six new Board members began their three-year terms with Ryan Nece Foundation effective January 1, 2024 and can serve a maximum of three terms. The six new board members who have been working with the foundation for over a year are:
- John R. Broderick, President Emeritus, Old Dominion University
- Dr. Carla Bourne, Ophthalmologist, President, Gulfview Vision Associates
- Amy Genevie, CSPO, Learning Partner, Best Buy
- Cord McLean, Director of Inclusive Leadership, Bloomin’ Brands
- Kristen Pepper, Vice President of Retail Development, Suncoast Credit Union
- Dr. Angela Scott, CEO / Co-Founder, Growing Human Capital with a S.M.I.L.E., LLC
Neeley added, “I also want to thank Marc Matthews, Johana Romo, and Jennifer Wade Bolivar who concluded their years of service as valued Board members and past Executive Committee members. We would not be where are today without their commitment to service and our students.”
Ryan Nece Foundation Board of Directors also elected Regions Vice President Kyle Bartosiak as its new Board Chair. Bartosiak has served on the Ryan Nece Foundation Board since 2020 and most recently was the Board’s Vice Chair after serving as the organization’s Treasurer.
To learn more about the Ryan Nece Foundation Board of Directors, click here.