Thank you for your interest in our 2023 Mentorship Program, an exclusive benefit offered to members of the Ryan Nece Foundation’s Student Service Program.
A pillar of the Student Service Program is establishing the importance of network building in students, as well as providing access to community leaders and Student Service Program alumni. This exclusive mentoring program aims to develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships between mentors and motivated high school students, both who are passionate about giving back to the community. Mentees will graduate from the Student Service Program with an action plan for personal success, not only through the Ryan Nece Foundation’s educational curriculum but through ongoing meetings with their mentor.
Expectations of Students and Mentors:
- Attend virtual Mentorship Program kickoff (August 2023)
- Virtually meet with your student/mentor at least once a quarter for the duration of the two-year program (eight  scheduled meetings from September 2023 to May 2025)
- Students are responsible for setting up the meetings with their mentor
- When possible, attend in-person networking meetings (December 2023 & December 2024) and serve in the community alongside your match
- Be flexible, open and honest
- Complete all meetings / assignments
- If able, mentors will support their match’s service-learning trip fundraiser (May 2024 & May 2025) at a level personally comfortable to the mentor
- Attend “Senior Sendoff” in May 2025
- Complete exit survey to help improve our future mentorship program pairings
- If able, mentors to donate to the cost of a one-time child safety background check (approx. $50 through ClearChecks)
Mentorship Program Outline
|Meeting #1 -3rd Quarter 2023||Introductions, Goals and Expectations|
|Meeting #2 – 4th Quarter 2023||Leadership and SWOT|
|Meeting #3 – 1st Quarter 2024||After High School Preparation and Career Development|
|Meeting #4 – 2nd Quarter 2024||Networking|
|Meeting #5 – 3rd Quarter 2024||Staying Relevant|
|Meeting #6 – 4th Quarter 2024||Leveraging Yourself|
|Meeting #7 – 1st Quarter 2025||Community Involvement|
|Meeting #8 – 2nd Quarter 2025||Five-Year Strategic Plan|
Mentors and mentees will be matched through a formal matching process based on form submissions by both the mentor and mentee, which will allow our team to align career paths, high school involvement, post-graduation goals, hobbies etc. in the matching process.
If mentors have any questions before submitting their applications, please contact Chief Executive Officer, Melissa Neeley, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by end of business day Friday, June 30, 2023.